The following is the Keynote Presentation I gave at the New Berlin Tech Academy on 8/10/10. To advance through the Prezi file in the order that was intended, click the "next/play" button to advance along the path of the presentation.
Please go here to see my Prezi presenation:
LINKS FROM PRESENTATION
The following is a list of the links shared during the presentation if you'd like to follow up on any of the websites or information shared.
- Prezi.com - Today's presentation was created using Prezi.com
- Spell With Flickr - made the "create, communicate & collaborate" logos using this. Type in the word you want and the letters are found on Flickr! You can click on a letter once it's made to find a different choice if you don't like. I took screenshots of the finished product and put them in my presentation.
- Twitlogo.com - take a word or name and have it created in the bubble-looking Twitter font!
- Audience/Classroom Response?
- PollEverywhere.com - great for a quick way to poll your students. Free account, up to 30 responses per question
- TextTheMob.com - another way to poll or sample your audience. Free account allows up to 50 responses
- Google Resources
- http://google.com/educators -sign up for newsletter, resources for the classroom, information on Google Teacher Academy, Blog of education related posts.
- Google Docs - workshop I gave focusing on Google Docs and how to use
- Interested in Google Apps for Education for your district? Learn up on it here.
- Flip Cam Resources
- Glogster EDU - resources, examples and getting started information for Glogster
- "Facebook like" Services for online classroom facilitiation
- Skype - video on how to get started with Skype and links to "Skype with an Author" and other networks where you can find people to Skype with for classroom needs.
- Diigo - collection of Diigo resources, videos to get started using Diigo
- Wiki's & Blogs - this page houses many resources used for a Franklin workshop on how to create your own wiki or Blog using wikispaces.com or blogger.com
- Digital Images in the Classroom - this page houses resources related to using digital images in the classroom. Includes some great links and resources for Kodak, Animoto, and Picasa.
- Web 2.0 Tools - contains links and videos to some Web 2.0 tools and how they can be used in the classroom.
- Wordle - create tag/word clouds with text
- Tagxedo - Like Wordle but with more features